Latest News

Calendar Events and News Subscription

Picture of VLE Admin
Calendar Events and News Subscription
by VLE Admin - Thursday, 23 January 2014, 12:57 PM

Calendar Events

While viewing the Florence 2014 Area, you will see relevant events added to the calendar.  However, you will only see them while viewing this Area!  If you want them to be permanently visible on the main VLE calendar, you will need to enrol in this Area (see below).

News Subscription

If you wish to receive any news items added to this forum via e-mail, you will need to be enrolled in this Area (see below).

Quick Access

By enrolling, you'll also notice a link to this Area appears in your "My Areas" list, both in the Navigation menu and on your "My home" page.

Enrolling in this Area

So, if you want the Florence 2014 calendar events added to the main VLE calendar and/or you want to receive Florence 2014 news items via e-mail (if any), you need to enrol.  Here's how:

1. Look for the Settings menu on the left side of the page.
    Settings Menu
  2. If it isn't already open, click on Area administration to open it.
    Settings / Area Administration / Enrol me in this area
  3. It should open to show, "Enrol me in this area."
  4. Click on that!
  5. You'll be asked to confirm.  Click the "Enrol me" button.
    Enrolment Options / Self enrolment / Enrol me button
  6. That's it!

Unenrolling from the Area

You can unenrol at any time by following a similar procedure:

1. Go to the Settings menu.
    Settings / Area administration / Unenrol me
  2. Click on "Unenrol me from Florence 2014"
  3. You'll be asked to confirm - click Continue if you want out.
    Do you really want to unenrol yourself from "Florence 2014"?
  4. You'll then be unceremoniously dumped back at the VLE Home page.  (But don't worry - this Area has Guest Access switched on, so you can come back in.  You'll just no longer receive News notifications, nor see the Florence 2014 calendar events on the main VLE calendar.  It will also no appear in your My Areas list.)