Site news

Art Stars Trip

Picture of VLE Admin
Art Stars Trip
by VLE Admin - Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 3:20 PM

"We went to Oxford to look at some art galleries. My favourite gallery was Poseytude because it had lots of different styles of painting. In this gallery there was a painting of a blue flower which I like because it had big brush strokes. We also went to the O3 gallery which was very good and full of textiles. They had a painting which was about a castle with red roads and on the red roads were cyclists. It was a really good day."

- Izzy, Year 9

"My favourite gallery was the O3, the last one we went to. I also really like the Poseytude gallery, where there was a huge range of art. There was one piece I really liked at the O3 that had a painting of a castle; it was amazing and hidden in the windows and doors were characters like Alice in Wonderland. The castle was made up of different buildings and colleges in Oxford."

- Tasha, Year 9

"For our art trip we visited three galleries in Oxford; The Old Fire Station, Poseytude and the O3. My personal favourite was the O3 as it was very simple but clever. It was an excellent place for an exhibition.

My favourite piece of art was the Oxonian Castle, this was a castle made from all the colleges of Oxford mixed with things linked with the college. The reason I liked it was because it was one of those pieces you can stare at and never get bored of, as there were all these hidden details in the art.

In my opinion it was a great trip."

- Kameron, Year 7