Trip Reports

Woodlands - Day 4

Picture of VLE Admin
Woodlands - Day 4
by VLE Admin - Friday, 8 July 2016, 2:07 PM

In the caves I learnt how to get through tight spaces and to conquer my fears. Also in the caves I enjoyed going through the really tight spaces, as well as that I was helping people conquer their fears too.

-Hannah & Brandon

Caving

We did our first off site activity on Tuesday. After getting up early, having breakfast, a room inspection and a group meeting together, we got kitted up and then set off to go caving! It was around 45 minutes drive along beautiful rolling hills and up through mountains with breath-taking views. We had to stop twice because there were sheep on the roads!

Our group took the hardest entrance to get in, and I think that was the part that I enjoyed the most! We had to wade through ice cold rushing waters and then crawl on our stomach through a really small gap that seemed to go on forever! Soon after that, we had to go on our hands and knees along a slippery ledge right next to a big drop, and at the end go head first into a hole right into freezing water! It was definitely a challenging experience, but we learned a lot about the caves and we had to constantly work together and help one another. The people who were less confident were cheered on, and overall

it was really fun!

-Rosanna

See the gallery.