Trip Reports

Kilvrough - Day 3

Picture of VLE Admin
Kilvrough - Day 3
by VLE Admin - Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 11:49 AM

Wednesday 5th July - Day

Caving: Today we went into Porth Yr Ogof cave. The entrance was surrounded by deep, crystal clear water which we loved jumping into at the end of the day as it was very hot! In the caves we completed a variety of challenges like "Dead Man's Ledge" where we had to crawl on our stomachs across 15m of rock overhanging a chasm, everyone in the group completed it without becoming a dead man/woman. Team D all had a chance to lead the rest of the group and overcome personal fears. Overall, I thought it was a super enjoyable day which allowed me to push myself outside of my comfort zone.

- Hannah

Climbing: On Wednesday, group A travelled the short distance to the local beach where there was a sheer cliff edge that we climbed up. The sun was shining and everyone was in high spirits, cheering all our team mates on, whilst scaling the cliff face. This activity really helped to improve my (and many of my peers') resilience skills. Although it was a tough challenge, many people made it even harder for themselves by climbing blindfolded! After a morning of hard work, we were grateful to take a dip in the sea to cool off.

- Holly

View the Gallery