News and Letters

Headteacher's Message - Friday 23rd February

Picture of VLE Admin
Headteacher's Message - Friday 23rd February
by VLE Admin - Friday, 23 February 2024, 10:19 AM

View on website.

Assemblies this week started with Year 7 having their new School Passports launched on Monday and this promises to be a very exciting development. For the rest of the week topics covered in assembly have included the resilience of daffodils, unique talents, hopes, dreams, aspirations and hard work. As ever with assemblies, I won’t say anything more - but please do ask those who were present!

It was a real pleasure on Tuesday afternoon to be part of the judging panel for the Key Stage 3 Poetry Final. Each and every student who has recited – and remembered – a poem as part of this process has done so very well and the finalists’ performances were simply astonishing. It was a great event and an excellent addition to the school calendar.

After the adrenalin of the House Remote Control Car Competition and House Pancake Races during the week before the half-term break, the pace slows a little this week with the start of House University Challenge – however, it is all to play for and our House quizzes are always fiercely competitive – we look forward to it.

Today we welcome a team from the Speakers’ Trust to work with all of our Year 7 students in sessions supporting the development of their public speaking and oracy skills. It should be a really good day and we are very grateful to the Merchant Taylors’ Company for their support of this event

Finally, we have had three great trips overseas over the past week with visits to Barcelona and Iceland during half-term and the German Exchange away this week – great experiences for all and I must extend my thanks to our staff who are determined that our students have these opportunities at our school.