Site news

English Youth Ballet Audition: Swan Lake

Picture of VLE Admin
English Youth Ballet Audition: Swan Lake
by VLE Admin - Tuesday, 24 February 2015, 3:36 PM

When I arrived at the audition I was very nervous despite the fact I was really excited in the car. There were a few girls my age but many younger than me because I went for the junior audition, I didn't feel I was quite ready to go for the senior audition. I did a few warm-ups before going in, and then started to feel better.

Once I had my number pinned on (2) I lined up and went inside waiting for the group audition to start. We started with some easier exercises first then moved on to harder moves all joined into a routine. Once the audition was over I got very nervous, even though the audition was over I still didn't know if I was in and because I was number 2 if I had got in I would be the second number called. "Can the following numbers please stand up," called Ms. Lewis, "Number 1, Number 2."

After that I didn't hear who else got in! I was so happy; of course I had got in before but only as a reserve! I went to the desk handed in my number received my acceptation pack and hurried outside with my Mum, tears of joy springing from my eyes. I was in English Youth ballet Swan Lake and on my own merit!

- Ellie, Year 8

Swan Lake Poster