Site news

Spring Concert 2016

Picture of VLE Admin
Spring Concert 2016
by VLE Admin - Tuesday, 3 May 2016, 10:22 AM

Morgan playing 'My Mortal' on piano

Being in Year 12 I have taken part in several Spring Concerts over my time at Wallingford School. Since my first time in Year 8 playing an out of tune ukulele, I've always made sure I am involved with the Spring Concert as it epitomises the abundance of talent this school has, from musicians to sound engineers. The concert always consists of a wide range of music from be-bop to rock and showcases a whole variety of groups and individuals who enjoy performing. It can create moments of chilling emotion when a pupil who is normally timid walks out on the stage and stuns the audience. However it can create moments of great fun and enjoyment shared between the performers and the audience. This year's spring concert was perhaps one of the best I have attended and I cannot wait to see how the performers grow between now and next year.

- Alfie, Year 12

Lauren singing 'Wait a bit' Decibelles singing

Wallingford has talent!! Buckets of it!!

This was very evident at last night's Spring Concert. It was such a packed event of soloists, duets, small choirs, enormous choirs, numerous bands and of course the Bigg Band. Every student showed confidence and ability to sing or play music using a variety of instruments. One even brought a tear to my eye. Each and every one of them was well supported by the dedicated staff and their fellow students cheering them on.

There was a fantastic atmosphere in the hall, families were there to encourage and there were a lot of very proud faces and sore hands from clapping.

I cannot praise these students enough to stand up in front of a room full of people and give their all. I can only encourage you to make sure that you get to the school production in December and don't miss a chance of seeing these students once more.

- Cllr Ros Lester, Mayor elect

Alfie playing guitar  Olly playing guitar

"I'm so proud of all of the students performing in the concert. It was amazing to see the range of talent that is in the school, and to be able to work with students who have such dedication and commitment is remarkable. The concert was brilliant and all of the students should be proud of what they managed to achieve."

- Miss Norman, Music Teacher, Wallingford School

"This was my first time performing a solo at the Spring Concert and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was so supportive and I'm so thankful that the school has given me the chance to perform. I want to say thank you to my music teachers for giving me the opportunity and I can't wait to do it again next year....if they'll have me!"

- Ellis, Year 10